You’ll need to follow these steps in order to set up your Microsoft Multi-Factor Authentication. At the School of Journalism this will be used for our WordPress sites, Adobe Creative Cloud and Office 365. A video demonstration is below.
- Install Microsoft Authenticator on your mobile device. Note: this is not the same as Google Authenticator
- Activate MFA from your my.torontomu.ca page:
- Go to my.torontomu.ca and click Personal Account
- Navigate to Security and click on Microsoft Multi-factor Authentication
- Click Proceed to Microsoft MFA Setup
- Once you’ve reached the Setup screen, follow each of the on-screen instructions, entering your @ryerson.ca email address whenever prompted for a username. Enter your my.torontomu.ca password when prompted to do so.
- You’ll be asked for more information. Click next
- On the “Keep your account secure” screen, you can begin setting up MFA on your mobile device using the app you loaded in Step 1. Just scan the QR code via Microsoft Authenticator.